Hi friends today I will discuss here about Seasonal Color analysis, and its a tool used by many Image Consultants to understand the process of finding colors of clothing and makeup to match a person’s skin complexion, eye color, and hair color.
Friends, this is just a piece of information that I will be sharing here and its not a compulsory tool.
Firstly the simple analysis of finding what color suits and what not. One has to understand their skin under tone and its color analysis.
There are two types of undertones:-Cool undertone and warm undertone.
Now how to determine that-
- Vein test- Just look at the veins on the inside of your wrist. Are they blue or green? If they look more blue, you likely have cool undertones. If the veins look greenish, you’re warm.
- The Old Jewelry Trick- Second test would be to find out weather you look better in silver or gold jewelry.Typically, girls with cool undertones look better in silver and platinum metals, and warm-toned women look better in gold.
- The Neutral Test-Think about what neutral shades flatter you best. Does your skin, eyes, and face look better in bright white and black hues, or ivory, off-whites, and brown/tan shades? The former means you’re probably cool-toned, and the latter, warm.
Other than this there is another skin undertone which is a rare case, known as neutral undertone that means Skin with neither yellow nor blue/pink undertone.
- Cool undertone – fair with pink / fair with blue hue/ very dark with blue hue
- Warm undertone –fair with yellow-golden / dark with yellow-golden
- Neutral undertone– both cool and warm – both green and blue veins.
Most Indians are warm undertone and neutral in some cases. South Asians, Japanese, Chinese and Koreans have clear yellow hues (warm undertone). Africans are both cool and warm undertone. Americans, Germans, Norwegians and Russians are mostly cool undertone. Italians, Spanish, Greeks mostly warm undertones.
Here’s an example of Skin undertones –Warm Skin Undertones
Colors that goes with warm and cool skin under tones are:-
So here is, one part of the analysis later in different post I will discuss the “Color Analysis” Part 2